Join Our Team
In order to be considered for employment, you must submit an application that consists of all four components: 1 - Resume, 2 - Cover letter, 3 - Copy of NYSED Teacher Certification 4- Fax: 718-726-3482. The requirements for each of the four components are specified in detail below.
1. RESUME: Please submit an up-to-date resume.
2. COVER LETTER: Please submit a well-written cover letter.
3. COPY OF NYSED TEACHER CERTIFICATION
4. Fax: 718-726-3482
- Plan, organize and implement appropriate approved instructional programming in a learning environment that guides and encourages all students to develop and fulfill their academic potential
- Consistent implementation of all pieces of a balanced literacy program, including daily, effective writing instruction
- Implement new teaching methods and education tools, including project-based learning, differentiated instruction and performance-based assessment to create relevant and engaging learning experiences for students
- Plan, prepare and deliver instructional activities that facilitate active learning experiences that motivates students, keeps them focused and excited about learning; high engagement
- Integrate the use of technology to provide a variety of learning materials and resources for use in educational activities
- Instruct and monitor students in the use of learning materials and equipment, observe, evaluate, encourage and provide feedback on student's performance and development
- Maintain accurate and complete records of students' progress as required by administrative regulations
- Manage student behavior in the classroom by establishing and enforcing rules and procedures, maintain discipline in accordance with the rules and disciplinary systems of the school and applying appropriate disciplinary measures where necessary to maintain a safe learning environment
- Participate in job-embedded professional growth that includes discussion of current research, examination of student work and performance data, goal setting and reflection on your practice to improve instructional effectiveness
- Engage and collaborate with colleagues and the community to develop and sustain a common culture that supports high expectations for student learning
- Encourage parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents
- Provide individual and small group instruction, using individually responsive strategies, in order to meet the needs of pupils with varying intellectual abilities, attitudes and cultural backgrounds
- Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the students, encouraging them to want to come to school
- Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them focused and excited about learning; high engagement
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students
- Maintain accurate and complete student records as required administrative regulations
- Prepare and implement intervention programs for students requiring extra help
- Organize and lead activities designed to promote physical, mental and social development
- Promote pride in student work by displaying student work with required expectations
- Plan and conduct activities for a balanced program of instruction, demonstration and work time that provides students with opportunities to observe, question and investigate.
We are currently accepting resumes for all instructional positions including the following:
General Education Teachers, Special Education Teachers, Learning Specialists, Math/Reading/Assessment Coordinators, ELL Teachers, Art Teachers, Math Teachers, Science Teachers, Spanish Teachers, Music Teachers, ELA Teachers, Physical Education Teachers, and Social Studies Teachers.