St. Demetrios Elementary School’s major goal is to help your child become comfortable in school and with the learning process. They will learn to get along with others, follow rules, and acquire the basic skills by completing common core standards in all subject areas.
Math: Go Math Reading/Language: Journeys Science: Fusion SS: Time for Kids
*Students will recognize upper and lower case letters.
* Students will be introduced to nouns (plural and singular), verbs and adjectives
*Students will understand and use question words (interrogatives, e.g., who, what, where, when, why, how)
* Students will learn the sounds of each letter in order to begin read and spell simple words
phonetically, drawing on knowledge of sound letter relationships and vowels sounds
*Students will recognize frequently used sight words
* Students will begin midyear to take spelling tests and learn sentence structure.
* Students will count, recognize and compare numbers 1-100
*Students will be able to complete simple addition and subtraction facts ex: 4+1 = 5
* Geometry: Students will identify, draw, sort, and classify two and three dimensional shapes. *Measurement and Data: Students will describe and compare measureable attributes.
*Math vocabulary will be introduced and used in each chapter.
*Students will be introduced to different concepts such as; Five senses, weather, landforms, natural resources, and life cycles.
*Students will be introduced to community helpers, maps, holidays, symbols, Etc.
Math: Students will have a test once each chapter is complete.
ELA: Listening Comprehension and Spelling Test on word families.
Science: Students will have a test at the end of each unit.
GREEK - 2 Periods a day
Special classes incorporated during the week are as follows:
Greek Dance Greek Music Gym Computers Art Church