- Saint Demetrios Preparatory School
- Class Overview Page
- Use word recognition and vocabulary skills to communicate.
- Apply strategies and skills to comprehend, respond to, interpret, or evaluate a variety of texts of increasing levels of difficulty.
- Express, communicate, evaluate, or exchange ideas effectively.
- Apply Standard English to communicate
Course Theme: Exploration of the human experience and triumph over adversity.
- Attendance is necessary to keep up with the class. If a student misses class time, they are missing the instruction time needed to learn a skill. However, if a student must miss class, they are required to make up missed work in a timely manner (1 day for each excused day missed, after which deductions will be made for late work).
- Students are expected to be in their seat when the bell rings. If not, they will be counted late.
- Students are required to participate in class and be respectful to their peers, themselves, and their teacher. Consequences for misconduct may include detention, written assignments, parent notification, or office referral.
- Plagiarism and cheating have no place in a community of learners. Each student is required to put forth their personal best. Everyone has something important and valuable to add to our learning experience. If a student is suspected of plagiarism or cheating, the parents and the principal will be notified and consequences will be determined.
- Students are required to keep up with their assigned reading and turn in assignments on time. Students will lose valuable learning experiences if they come to class unprepared.