Striving for Excellence
"Building on Tradition Creating a Future"
Saint Demetrios Prep offers a traditional college-preparatory liberal arts curriculum, the goal of which is to support each individual student’s needs and challenge all students to achieve their academic potential.
Saint Demetrios sets high standards for personal responsibility and places an emphasis on intellectual curiosity, integrity, and respect for others. Across academic disciplines, Saint Demetrios Prep exists to provide an educational program of the highest standard that empowers all students to achieve personal and academic excellence while developing their full potential as responsible, productive citizens.
Our School Promotes
- A school community in which the dignity of each student, staff, and parent is respected..
- Educational excellence with accountability for high standards of teaching and learning.
- The needs of the learner, rather than the academic achievements alone, directs the system.
- A positive code of behavior based on mutual respect.
- An awareness of local and global issues of injustice.
- Teaching methods that are student centered.
- Respect for all people and cultures.
- The ability to think, speak, and write precisely and cogently.
- The appreciation for various forms of literary, artistic, and musical expression.
- An understanding of major historical forces that have shaped today’s society.
- The development of mathematical and reasoning skills.
- The skills necessary to use modern technology.
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Christian faith.